- •This paper is about the outbreak of Leptospirosis in Southern Tanzania.
- •Contamination of water systems with urine from infected livestock may be responsible for this outbreak.
- •To alleviate this outbreak, adequate education on the symptoms and prevention including effective sanitation strategies should be provided to the Tanzanians.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Nose bleeding in Tanzania identified as Leptospirosis.https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/tanzania/news/national/nose-bleeding-in-tanzania-identified-as-leptospirosis-3883804(Accessed)Date: 2022Date accessed: July 29, 2022
- Leptospirosis - United Republic of Tanzania.(Accessed 18 September)
- Seropositivity of Leptospira spp. antibodies among febrile patients attending outpatient clinics in Mwanza, Tanzania: should it Be included in routine diagnosis?.Trav Med Infect Dis. 2022; 7: 173https://doi.org/10.3390/tropicalmed7080173
- Risk factors for human acute Leptospirosis in northern Tanzania.PLoS Neglected Trop Dis. 2018; 12e0006372https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0006372
- Epidemiology of Leptospirosis in Tanzania: a review of the current status, serogroup diversity and reservoirs.PLoS Neglected Trop Dis. 2021; 15https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0009918
Home|Ministry of Health. (n.d.). Retrieved July 21, 2022. https://www.moh.go.tz/en/.
- Comparison of the estimated incidence of acute leptospirosis in the Kilimanjaro region of Tanzania between 2007–08 and 2012–14.PLoS Neglected Trop Dis. 2016; 10e0005165https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0005165
- Leptospirosis outbreak in Tanzania: an alarming situation.Ann Med Surg (Lond). 2022 Aug 6; 80 (PMID: 35992205; PMCID: PMC9382409)104347https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amsu.2022.104347
- Risk factors associated with the seroprevalence of Leptospirosis, amongst at-risk groups in and around Tanga city, Tanzania.Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2009; 103: 711-718