- •Multiple failures to meet recommended practices were detected in loaner companies.
- •Multifaceted loaner system management challenges need to be tackled.
- •Standardised requirements and improvements in process verification are needed.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Reducing the risks associated with loaner instrumentation and implants.AORN J. 2010; 92: 322-334https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aorn.2009.12.032
- Loaner instrumentation: processing the unknown.AORN J. 2007; 85: 566-573https://doi.org/10.1016/S0001-2092(07)60128-8
- Reprocessing safety issues associated with complex-design orthopaedic loaned surgical instruments and implants.Injury. 2018; 9: 2005-2012https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2018.09.006
- Reprocessing of loaned surgical instruments/implants in Australia and Brazil: a survey of those at the coalface.Infect Dis Health. 2021; S2468–0451: 46-48https://doi.org/10.1016/j.idh.2021.09.003
- Are instruments sterile or did they just get hot?.Mater Manag Health Care. 2010; 19: 34
- Putting teeth in your loaner set policy.OR manager. 2011; 27 (6): 22-23
- ASHCSP/IAHCSMM. ASHCSP/IAHCSMM position paper on Loaner Instrumentation.2011 (Available at:)
- Processing loaner instruments in an ambulatory surgery center.AORN J. 2009; 89: 861-870
- Reprocessing of reusable medical devices in health service organizations.26 November 2014 (Australia: Sydney)
- Alcohol fixation of bacteria to surgical instruments increases cleaning difficulty and may contribute to sterilization inefficacy.Am J Infect Control. 2017; 45: e81-e86https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2017.04.286