- •Most rheumatologists manage immunocompromised healthcare workers (HCW).
- •The expectation remains with specialists to advise HCW on managing workplace infection risks.
- •There remains a level of discomfort amongst rheumatologists in providing these recommendations.
- •Colleagues were the most common source of guidance for managing immunocompromised HCW.
- •Frameworks needed to guide clinicians in making recommendations for immunocompromised HCW.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Adverse effects of biologics: a network meta-analysis and Cochrane overview.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011;
- Long-term safety of tofacitinib for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis up to 8.5 years: integrated analysis of data from the global clinical trials.Ann Rheum Dis. 2017; 76: 1253-1262
- 2019 update of EULAR recommendations for vaccination in adult patients with autoimmune inflammatory rheumatic diseases.Ann Rheum Dis. 2020; 79: 39
- Australian guidelines for the prevention and control of infection in healthcare.2019
- Prevalence and risk factors of serious infections in rheumatoid arthritis patients receiving the biologic/targeted synthetic DMARDs: a propensity score analysis.International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases. 2018; 21: 207-208
- Comparative risk of hospitalized infection between biological agents in rheumatoid arthritis patients: a multicenter retrospective cohort study in Japan.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0179179
- Association between disease activity and risk of serious infections in subjects with rheumatoid arthritis treated with etanercept or disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs.Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2014; 32: 653-660
- High disease activity is associated with an increased risk of infection in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.Ann Rheum Dis. 2011; 70: 785
- Serious infection risk in rheumatoid arthritis compared with non-inflammatory rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases: a US national cohort study.RMD Open. 2019; 5e000935
- Prevalence and risk factors for latent tuberculosis infection among healthcare workers in Nampula Central Hospital, Mozambique.BMC Infect Dis. 2017; 17: 408
- SARS: health care work can be hazardous to health.Occup Med. 2003; 53: 241-243
- Infection and mortality of healthcare workers worldwide from COVID-19: a systematic review.BMJ Global Health. 2020; 5e003097
- Risk of serious infection in healthcare workers with inflammatory bowel disease: a case-control study of the Groupe d'Etude Therapeutique des Affections Inflammatoires du tube Digestif (GETAID).Aliment Pharmacol Therapeut. 2018; 48: 713-722
- Descriptive epidemiology and characteristics of confirmed cases of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection in the Makkah Region of Saudi Arabia, March to June 2014.Ann Saudi Med. 2015; 35: 203-209
Australian Government Department of Health. Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for people with chronic health conditions [Available from: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/advice-for-people-at-risk-of-coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-people-with-chronic-health-conditions.