- •A head-to-head comparison of four common Ventilator Associated Pneumonia definitions instead of a single definition trial.
- •A critical evaluation of the usability and pitfalls of each definition seen.
- •A commentary on the confounders presents in Ventilator Associated Pneumonia.
Abbreviations:VAP (Ventilator Associated Pneumonia), ICU (Intensive Care Unit), CDC (Centre for Disease Control), VAC (Ventilator Associated Condition), IVAC (Infection Related to Ventilator Associated Complication), PVAP (Possible Ventilator Associated Pneumonia), MBH (Mackay Base Hospital), VAE (Ventilator Associated Event)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- How to approach and treat VAP in ICU patients.BMC Infect Dis. 2014; 14
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia in adults: a narrative review.Intensive Care Med. 2020; 46: 888-906
- Ventilator associated pneumonia.BMJ. 2012; 344e3325
- Incidence of ventilator-associated pneumonia in Australasian intensive care units: use of a consensus-developed clinical surveillance checklist in a multisite prospective audit.BMJ Open. 2015; 5e008924
- Incidence, risk factors, and outcomes of ventilator-associated pneumonia in traumatic brain injury: a meta-analysis.Neurocritical Care. 2020; 32: 272-285
- Risk factors of ventilator-associated pneumonia in critically ill patients.Front Pharmacol. 2019; 10: 482
- Risk factors of ventilator-associated pneumonia in elderly patients receiving mechanical ventilation.Clin Interv Aging. 2019; 14: 1027-1038
- Evaluating the efficacy of nanosil mouthwash on the preventing pulmonary infection in intensive care unit: a randomized clinical trial.Med Arch. 2018; 72: 206-209
- The dynamics of the pulmonary microbiome during mechanical ventilation in the intensive care unit and the association with occurrence of pneumonia.Thorax. 2017; 72: 803-810
- Efficacy of a bundle approach in preventing the incidence of ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP).Bosn J Basic Med Sci. 2018; 18: 105-109
- Evaluation of prevention of ventilator associated infections in four Australian intensive care units.J Infect Prevent. 2020; 21: 147-154
- The risk factors for hospital-acquired pneumonia in the Intensive Care Unit.Przegl Epidemol. 2016; 70: 15-20
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia.Crit Care Online. 2017; 33: 277-292
- Diagnosis of ventilator-associated pneumonia in critically ill adult patients – a systematic review and meta-analysis.Intensive Care Med. 2020; 46: 1170-1179
- Ventilator associated pneumonia in the ICU.Crit Care. 2014; 18
- Association of endotracheal aspirate culture variability and antibiotic use in mechanically ventilated pediatric patients.JAMA Netw Open. 2021; 4e2140378
- Ventilator associated pneumonia in a tertiary paediatric intensive care unit: a 1 year prospective observational study.Crit Care Resusc. 2012; 14: 283-289
- Ventilator associated event (VAE). January 2021.(Available from:)
- Community-Acquired pneumonia in adults.Dtsch Arztebl Int. 2017; 114 (8): 838-848
- Diagnostic value of HBP, PCT combined with Apache Ⅱ score respectively in ventilator-associated pneumonia.Zhonghua Yixue Zazhi. 2019; 99 (2019): 1698-1702
- Prevention of ventilator-associated pneumonia.Rev Port Pneumol. 2014; 20: 152-161
- Non-pharmacological interventions to prevent ventilator-associated pneumonia: a literature review.Respir Care. 2019; 64: 1586-1595
- The effects of gastrointestinal function on the incidence of ventilator-associated pneumonia in critically ill patients.Open Med. 2018; 13: 556-561
- Ventialtor associated events: what they are and what they are not.Respir Care. 2019; 64: 953-961
- Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia: how do the different criteria for diagnosis match up?.Am Surg. 2019; 85: 992-997
- Complement as driver of systemic inflammation and organ failure in trauma, burn, and sepsis.Semin Immunopathol. 2021; 43: 773-788
- The missing season: the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on influenza.Vaccine. 2021; 39: 3645-3658
- Reconsidering ventilator-associated pneumonia from a new dimension of the lung microbiome.EBioMedicine. 2020; 60: 102995
- Ventilator-associated pneumona: the central role of transcolonization.J Crit Care. 2019; 50: 155-161