- •A targeted intervention to improve patient understanding and use of CHG washes.
- •71% (n = 129) of participants used CHG the recommended two times.
- •Information received from the preadmissions nurses was highly rated.
- •Inconsistent information across the hospital remained an issue.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- To bathe or not to bathe with chlorhexidine gluconate: is it time to take a stand for preadmission bathing and cleansing?.AORN J. 2015; 101: 529-538
- Preoperative bathing of the surgical site with chlorhexidine for infection prevention: systematic review with meta-analysis.Am J Infect Contr. 2017; 45: 343-349
- A fresh look at preoperative body washing.J Infect Prev. 2012; 13: 11-15
- Does perioperative skin preparation reduce surgical site infection?.Laryngoscope. 2018; 128: 1987-1989
- Preoperative chlorhexidine shower or bath for prevention of surgical site infection: a meta-analysis.Am J Infect Contr. 2013; 41: 167-173
- Pre-operative bathing or showering with skin antiseptics to prevent surgical site infection.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012;
- Preoperative bathing or showering with skin antiseptics to prevent surgical site infection.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006; 19
- Preoperative bathing or showering with skin antiseptics to prevent surgical site infection.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; 20
- Preventing surgical- site infections in nasal carriers of staphylococcus aureus.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 9-17
- Care bundle to prevent methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus sternal wound infection after off-pump coronary artery bypass.Am J Infect Contr. 2014; 42: 562-564
- Active surveillance screening of MRSA and eradication of the carrier state decreases surgical-site infections caused by MRSA.J Am Coll Surg. 2009; 208: 981-986
- Preoperative screening/decolonization for staphylococcus aureus to prevent orthopaedic surgical site infection: prospective cohort study with 2-year follow-up.J Arthroplast. 2011; 26: 1501-1507
- Effect of a preoperative decontamination protocol on surgical site infections in patients undergoing elective orthopedic surgery with hardware implantation.JAMA Surg. 2015; 150: 390-395
- Implementation of an infection prevention bundle and increased physician awareness improves surgical outcomes and reduces costs associated with spine surgery.J Neurosurg Spine. 2018; 29: 108-114
- Systematic review of a patient care bundle in reducing staphylococcal infections in cardiac and orthopaedic surgery.ANZ J Surg. 2017; 87: 239-246
- National statement on ethical conduct in human research.Australian Government, CanberraMay 2015
- Handbook of health survey methods. Hoboken, New Jersey.2014