- •A cross-sectional study to assess knowledge & practices of antibiotics use in Jordan.
- •There are major defects in the public knowledge about appropriate antibiotics use.
- •There is also lack of awareness on the “antimicrobial resistance” problem.
- •Awareness about appropriate antibiotic use should reach everyone in the community.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Current challenges in antibiotic resistance.Adolesc Med (Philadelphia, Pa). 2000; 11: 427-438http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10916132Date accessed: January 17, 2017
- Multidrug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii: risk factors for appearance of imipenem resistant strains on patients formerly with susceptible strains.PLoS One. 2010; 5: e9947https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0009947http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20369056Date accessed: December 5, 2016
- Antibiotic use and its consequences for the normal microbiome.Science. 2016; 352: 6285
- Self-medication with antibiotics in Jordanian population.Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2007; 20: 373-380https://doi.org/10.2478/v10001-007-0038-9http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/ijmh.2007.20.issue-4/v10001-007-0038-9/v10001-007-0038-9.xmlDate accessed: January 12, 2017
- An audit on the knowledge, beliefs and attitudes about the uses and side-effects of antibiotics among outpatients attending 2 teaching hospitals in Jordan.East Mediterr Health J. 2013; 19: 478-484http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24617128Date accessed: January 12, 2017
- Knowledge, attitude and practice towards antibiotic use among the public in Kuwait.PLoS One. 2015; 10https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0117910
- Knowledge and perceptions on antibiotic use and resistance among high school students and teachers in New Delhi, India: a qualitative study.Indian J Pharmacol. 2016; 48: 365-371https://doi.org/10.4103/0253-7613.186208http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27756945Date accessed: January 12, 2017
- Knowledge, attitudes and behavior regarding antibiotics use and misuse among adults in the community of Jordan. A pilot study.Saudi Pharm J. 2012; 20: 125-133https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsps.2011.11.005
- Antimicrobial resistance: a global view from the 2013 world healthcare-associated infections forum.Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2013; 2: 31https://doi.org/10.1186/2047-2994-2-31http://aricjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/2047-2994-2-31Date accessed: February 12, 2017
- Sir Alexander Fleming – nobel lecture: Penicillin.1945https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/1945/fleming-lecture.htmlDate accessed: October 24, 2017
- Infection by penicillin-resistant staphylococci.Lancet (London, England). 1948; 2: 641-644http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18890505Date accessed: February 12, 2017
- Awareness of antibiotic resistance and antibiotic prescribing in UTI treatment: a qualitative study among primary care physicians in Sweden.Scand J Prim Health Care. 2013; 31: 50-55https://doi.org/10.3109/02813432.2012.751695http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23281925Date accessed: January 12, 2017
- Special Eurobarometer 445 summary antimicrobial resistance. 2016https://doi.org/10.2875/446879http://ec.europa.eu/COMMFrontOffice/PublicOpinionDate accessed: November 4, 2017
- A cross-sectional study on knowledge, attitude and behavior related to antibiotic use and resistance among medical and non-medical university students in Jordan.Afr J Pharm Pharmacol. 2012; 6: 763-770https://doi.org/10.5897/AJPP12.080http://www.academicjournals.org/AJPPDate accessed: January 12, 2017
- Awareness of bacterial resistance among physicians, pharmacists and nurses.Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2009; 2222: 363-372https://doi.org/10.2478/v10001-009-0034-3
- Assessment of self-medication of antibiotics in a Jordanian population.Med Princ Pract. 2009; 18: 21-25https://doi.org/10.1159/000163041www.karger.comDate accessed: February 16, 2017
- Awareness of antibiotic use and antimicrobial resistance in the Iraqi community in Jordan.J Infect Dev Ctries. 2014; 8: 616-623https://doi.org/10.3855/JIDC.4086http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24820466Date accessed: January 10, 2017
- What do consumers do with, and think about, antibiotics?.Infect Dis Health. 2016; 21: 145-146https://doi.org/10.1016/j.idh.2016.09.130http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S2468045116302140Date accessed: October 31, 2017
- Antibiotic awareness week: targeting hospital based prescribing and use.Infect Dis Health. 2016; 21: 118https://doi.org/10.1016/j.idh.2016.09.014http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S2468045116300980Date accessed: October 31, 2017